Who needs an estate plan? Everybody! We make it simple.
For many people this is a daunting task, and uncomfortable to think about, so it gets put off for far too long. The reality is that estate planning can be relatively simple, especially if you’ve got someone knowledgeable to guide you through the process.
We generally start with an estate planning worksheet that we can send by email or regular mail. This helps you think of the main choices you want to make:
- Heirs and beneficiaries, (who you want to get things when you pass);
- Executors, (who you want to handle your estate);
- Guardians, (who you want to take care of your kids should you pass),
- Health Care Agents for your Advance Directive, (who you want to make medical decisions for you if you can’t); and
- Attorney-in-fact for a Durable Power of Attorney, (who you want to handle personal business if you become incapacitated).
These are the main items you need to consider to do a simple estate plan. Of course, we are happy to answer other questions you may have to decide what is the best plan for you and your family. We are highly experienced with more complicated estate plans, wills, and trusts as well as all probate issues. Want to get set up and prepared for the future? Reach out to Debranski & Associates today. We’ve been assisting with wills, trusts, and estate planning for our neighbors in North Metro Atlanta for years and we’re here to help.